Delivering Best in Class Process Controls Implementation for Capita
Capita engaged with Aliter Consulting in Q3 of 2022 for the implementation of SAP GRC Process Controls, following significant audit findings.
The main factors driving the need to implement SAP GRC PC were:
- Lack of control framework leading to growing audit concerns
- Decentralised, fragmented and undocumented control repositories lacking transparency and accuracy
- Increased audit remediation costs
Benefits realised included:
- Documented and auditable evidence of management of the deficiencies raised by the automatic monitoring
- Automated testing of the controls providing a higher ROI
- Foundation application to deliver more automated controls reducing the manual effort
Aliter Consulting delivered the 6 high priority P2P programmed CCMs that continuously monitor key process vulnerabilities in Accounts Payable, specifically on a number of duplicate invoice conditions. Based on an amount ranked by value, the system will check every invoice and automatically create an issue log and trigger an action via workflow to the Control Owner to review and take Corrective and Preventive remedial actions.
As part of the solution we have an authorisation Concept which included a future proof custom workflow agent determination, allowing for a flexible workflow adoption as the business matures without additional workflow.
What We Brought
Aliter Consulting brought a wealth of SAP GRC project implementation experience.
We were able to deliver a robust and future–proof solution which serves as the controls foundation for Capita.
Aliter Consulting had helped us on several occasions with our SAP projects and were the natural choice to address our process controls audit challenges.
Following successful delivery of GRC process controls, our auditors commented that this project had been delivered Best in Class.