SAP system health check and upgrades at West Sussex County Council
WSCC engaged with Aliter Consulting in the summer of 2021 for guidance on the health of their SAP estate. The driver for this was:
• Software patches were applied to the SAP SRM system
• This resulted in rendering the integrated SAP Enterprise Portal application unusable
• WSCC were unable to obtain support from SAP due to the SAP Enterprise Portal version being out of maintenance
• An eagerness to ensure the whole SAP estate runs on supported versions Aliter Consulting undertook a health check review of all SAP systems at WSCC, reporting on recommendations and the remediation activities needed to bring the systems back into mainstream maintenance.
Aliter Consulting were responsible for the planning and execution of upgrades to the Oracle Database and SAP software components in-scope – this comprised a 3-tier landscape for BW, ECC, EP, PI and SRM, with the addition of new sandpit environments to test the process.
Drawing on many years’ experience in performing system upgrades, we were able to ensure a smooth implementation; activities were completed within the agreed timescales and to budget.
The benefits realised, include:
• In-scope SAP systems now run on software components that are fully supported by SAP
• Able to leverage the latest SAP innovations and security vulnerabilities in the old versions have been addressed.