SAP System Support at West Sussex County Council
WSCC engaged with Aliter Consulting in the summer of 2022 to support their SAP estate after the previous incumbent had completed their engagement.
The driver for this was:
- Desire to return support services back to UK based
- Operate a more cost effective, flexible support model
- Automated monitoring and alerting of key SAP metrics to reduce the need for old–fashioned “daily checks”
- Work alongside experienced SAP technical consultants to support the WSCC Oracle migration
Aliter Consulting are now solely responsible for the technical/Basis support of the WSCC SAP estate comprising SAP software components BW, ECC, EP, PI and SRM, underpinned by Oracle RDBMS.
Drawing on many years’ experience supporting complex SAP environments, Aliter Consulting are able to provide a very cost effective and responsive support service than previously experienced.
Aliter Consulting recommended and implemented Solution Manager technical monitoring to remove the need to perform time–consuming manual checks.An effective ticketing system was introduced to formalise and simplify collaboration, and to provide comprehensive SLA reporting.
The benefits realised, include:
- No manual “daily checks”; alerting only when something is wrong
- Better SLA for support calls than previously experienced
Aliter Consulting had previously helped us with a successful migration of our SAP systems to new hardware, so were at the forefront of our minds when we sought a new partner to provide support for our SAP estate. We’re now realising the benefits of the excellent service they provide.